WHAT IT IS
Charcoal Powder Wash is a mild low-pH facial wash that boasts impressive pore cleansing powers thanks to activated bamboo charcoal and papaya enzymes. It’s a water-activated formula, meaning that the powder turns into soft foam once you add water.
That’s an excellent question! Why would you choose a powder cleanser over a conventional one? Well, there a couple of reasons why you might want to consider making a switch.
- 100 % preservative-free. The great things about powder cleansers are that they don’t need preservatives. Since there is no water in the formula, bacteria or mold won’t have the environment to grow. Excellent choice for sensitive skin types!
- Highly customizable. Depending on your skin type, you can adjust a powder cleanser to suit your unique skin needs. Add less or more water depending on what kind of cleanser – creamy and dense or light and airy – you want. There are no rules!
- Long-lasting. Compared to a conventional cleanser that has to be used (on average) within 12 months after opening, a powder cleanser boasts an impressive 3-year shelf life! It will also last you longer since it’s in a concentrated form and you’ll only need a small amount.
- Powerful. For the same reason, it will last you longer, it will also do a cleansing job better – active ingredients remain undiluted thus more potent.
- Travel-friendly. Since it’s a non-liquid product, tossing a powder wash in your suitcase is a no-brainer. TSA won’t take it away from you. Ever. And it won’t leak or explode all over your clothes.
- 100% natural bamboo charcoal from the ecologically clean Damyang region in South Korea. Bamboo charcoal is the purest and the safest type of charcoal currently available on the market. Plus, bamboo itself is an easily renewable resource making it a great eco-friendly alternative to traditional wood charcoal. You can read more about bamboo charcoal and its skin benefits here.
- Papaya Enzymes (Papain). Rich in Vitamin C, A, E, papaya enzymes gently exfoliate dead skin cells and restores the even-toned look of your skin while also delivering brightening benefits.
- Aloe Vera Extract. A rockstart ingredient with outstanding hydrating and soothing properties. Do we need to say more?
WHAT IT DOES
#DeepPoreCleanse. Much like a sponge or a magnet, ultra-porous charcoal particles suck out dirt and grime from the pores making them visibly clear and refined post-cleanse. But don’t let the word “deep” scare you. The Powder Wash is formulated with low pH nature-derived amino acid surfactants that are very gentle and respective of your natural protective barrier. The wash can be used daily without running a risk of sensitizing your skin.
The Powder Wash will give you that satisfying cleansing experience when your skin is thoroughly cleansed sans any tight or drying sensation.
Skin brightening effect. Thanks to exfoliating powers of papaya enzymes, this powder wash will mildly buff away dead skin cells and make your skin instantly look brighter and overall healthier.
All in all, the Powder Wash will give you that satisfying cleansing experience when your skin is thoroughly cleansed sans any tight or drying sensation. The best feeling ever. Period.
HOW TO USE
This product is seriously versatile and fun, too. You can use it multiple ways, depending on what type of cleansing you’re going for.
Start with tapping a quarter-sized amount of product into the palm of your hands, add water and mix to create the desired texture. Then the fun part begins.
Experiment with texture. Want deeper, more thorough cleanse? Add less water to get a dense, creamy lather. After massaging it into your skin, leave it on for several minutes for an added exfoliating effect.
Have dry and/or sensitive skin? Use more water to create light, airy foam, massage gently for several seconds and wash immediately. Pro tip: You can also use a foaming net like this one here to make VERY soft bubbles. It is a popular method among those who have easily sensitized skin and want to minimize any rubbing.
If DIY is your gem, you can go as far as fashioning a wash-off mask. Mix the powder with water in a bowl. The consistency should be slightly runny, but not too runny that it starts dripping all over your sink. The mask can be used on your whole face or on blackhead-prone areas (such as a T-zone) only – it’s up to you! Apply a thin layer with a mask brush, wait a couple of minutes for it to set and go over with another layer. Allow the mask to dry completely and wash it off with water. Or, if you are feeling extra fancy, remove the mask with a steamed towel.
And there you have it! Now you know everything you need to make the most out of our Active Charcoal Powder Wash.
Still got questions? Ask away in the comment section below!